A pilonidal sinus (PNS) is a small cyst that appears in the cleft at the top of the buttocks.
A PNS ordinarily contains hair, dirt, and wreckage. It can be very painful, not to mention that it can get worse by becoming infected. If it gets infected, it will leak fluid and blood and release the bad odor.
Men are more likely to develop this condition, people who lead a sedentary lifestyle have more possibility than the ones who have an active lifestyle.
WHAT CAUSES THE PILONIDAL CYST?
- It can be genetics;
- Cardio exercises such as cycling, or horseback riding.
- Hair in the crease of the buttock that pokes the skin causing an infection.
- Pain at the bottom of the spine
- Swelling at the bottom of the spine
- Redness at the bottom of the spine
- Draining pus
The treatment must be done by a specialist, the cyst is firstly drained, then you will have to take antibiotics and if the infection is not serious, the treatment stops there. But, if it’s the another way, then the only way to get rid of it is surgery. It takes more time to heal, but it is the best way. So, if you have this condition, we recommend you to visit your doctor in time.